Sunday, December 26, 2010

Screw it, I’ll code on my own


All these years, the one thing that’s keeping me from finishing a programming project is that I have no partner or team to code with. Having to code that is labeled as ‘project’ seems to be heavy and impossible to just an individual.

So I don’t know why right now, just as I was on my thoughts while taking a bath, that I had to do it with no more excuses. I just have to do it with no more sense of giving up. I reluctantly accepted the fact that, in a god-forsaken university, I can’t find anybody who wants to develop a program for the fun of it, particularly even just a simple game. Perhaps paying them some cash for their efforts might stop them from lying around on their asses all day long and get moving already.

There’s this one game that keeps popping on my head. A social game. Social games are all the hype in Facebook right now. And that Zynga’s Farmville and Mafia Wars are cash cows. Maybe I can invest some time and skill on developing a game myself and grab some share from that market.

Anyway, as the first post for this blog I am supposed to say what my incoming readers should expect. First all of, it doesn’t take a genius to infer what’s already implied in my blog’s title, All Things Coded. Obviously this blog is all about programming and codes. The posts will fit to three categories: First, they can be my own source codes that I release openly for other coders to study. Second, releasing just the codes might make this blog in its entirety a little bit boring and geeky, so I might as well add some description and updates for my works-in-progress. The last category will be tips and guides that I personally find useful and I deem beneficial for other coders as well.

As of now I am still a student and I find it hard to manage my time doing all the codes while at the same time study and then blog. I already had a 5-unit course officially withdrawn at the excuse of being too difficult when in fact I just couldn’t find time to study for it. I already have too much on my plate as it is.

In the end, I am hoping all will be well. I am hoping I can successfully publish a project online, earn some cash, and perhaps relax a little bit before starting a bigger project. I am already 21 years old and I badly want to make something out of my life. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment